Add-On Covers in Motor Insurance
There is a list of add on plans available in the market which enhances your coverage for better protection. You can choose add-on covers according to your need, in addition to your standard motor insurance policy.
- Zero Depreciation Cover – One of the most popular add-on cover in motor insurance is zero dep cover. Opting for this cover means that the policyholder is eligible to receive full claim amount on the value of replaced parts.
- NCB Protection Cover – The NCB or No Claim Bonus is a kind of reward given to a policyholder in case of not making any claims during the policy term.
- Roadside Assistance Cover – In case of emergencies like battery issues, empty fuel, flat tyres, and so on, this add-on cover provides you an assistance even in the remote locations.
- Key Replacement Cover – This cover offers reimbursement for the cost of a substitute key, in case of a lost ignition key
- Engine and Electronic Circuit Cover – In case of a damage to the insured vehicle’s engine or electronics circuits, this insurance cover takes care of your expenses.
There are different types of add on covers available in the market which provides you protection according to their names. You need to identify your requirements and choose accordingly for which you need to pay an extra premium. For e.g.:
- Zero Depreciation Cover:A comprehensive policy deducts the depreciation value of the vehicle and pays the remaining amount for repair. Whereas if you have zero depreciation or bumper to bumper your need not to pay a single penny from your own pocket. The insurance company will pay full amount in case of any claims. It is to be noted that under this add on, most of the insurance companies allows claims only twice in one policy year.
- NCB or No Claim Bonus Protector:NCB protector cover, as the name suggests, gives a protection to your no claim bonus which you have gained during past years by not making any claims against your insurance policy. In case of zero claims or no claim, you can get up to 50% of the premium amount and with this cover plan you will be entitled to the bonus even after making claim.
- Consumables Cover:Under this cover, consumables or minor components like engine oil, gear oil, nuts & bolts, lubricants and similar items except fuel are replaced/refilled during repair. However, the insurance companies do not pay for these consumables with the basic comprehensive policy.
- Roadside Assistance:With a roadside assistance cover, you need not to find any garage in case your car got stuck somewhere. All you have to do is, just call your insurance company and they will assist you in all the possible way like repair of vehicle at the same point, arraigning for a towing vehicle, arraigning a ride for you, etc.
- Loss of Personal Belongings: Personal belongings like laptop, smartphones, etc that are kept in the vehicle and affected in an accident are being taken care if you have this cover.
- Key Replacement: This cover gives you a coverage of misplacing or damage to your vehicle keys.